Q. What is the Curve compatibility with?
iPad - Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G (Stand and Charge)
iPhone - Gen 1, 3G, 3GS, 4 (Stand and Charge)
iPod Touch - Gen 1, 2, 3, 4 (Stand and Charge)
Kindle - (Stand, charging coming soon)
Samsung Galaxy Tab - (Stand, charging coming soon)
Q.How do I use the Curve stand?
A. The Curve has two angled grooves to hold your iPad or tablet, 45 degrees and 80 degrees. Place the Curve on a flat level surface, rotate the Curve to select the groove that you wish to use and then fully insert your device into one of the grooves. The stand can also be used to hold your iPad in either portrait or landscape mode. The various angled grooves are great for:
45 degrees (Typing - Email - Internet browsing - Games)
80 degrees(Movies - Reading - TV - Picture Frame)
Q. How do you charge your device using the Curve?
A. You can charge your iPad or tablet whilst it is in the 80 degrees groove and in portrait mode. The Curve allows you to semi permanently mount a charging cable so that you have a quick and tidy charging solution.
The Curve comes with inserts for the Apple Dock connector so that you can charge an iPad, iPhone and iPod using the charging cable that came with your device.
New rubber charging cable inserts are to be made available though our website as new tablet devices come onto the market to ensure that the Curve is future proof. Go to www.woodforddesign.com
To Mount The Charging Cable
Q. How should I clean the Curve?
- Find two of the rubber inserts that came with your Curve stand.
- The thin flat rubber insert
- The thick hollow oval rubber insert.
- Remove the rubber plug that is in the charging hole in the base of the 80 degree groove.
- Take the thin rubber flat insert and place it around the cable wire at the dock connector end.
- Take the hollow oval rubber insert and wrap it around the dock connector plug.
- Feed the cable, USB connector first, through the charging hole in the base of the 80 degree groove, and pull the cable all the way through. (Feed from the top side of the Curve)
- Carefully push the dock connector end and the rubber inserts into the charging hole in the base of the 80 degree groove.
- Ensure that the bottom edge of the metal section of the dock connector is flush with the base of the 80 degree groove.
- If you are using your iPad or tablet in a case or skin then the connector plug may need to sit slightly proud of the groove base. In this circumstance please use the slightly thicker flat rubber insert.
- On the base of the Curve tuck the charging cable into the desired cable management groove to keep the cable tidy.
- Lastly insert your iPad or tablet into the 80 degree groove ensuring that the dock connector engages with your device.
A. Please clean your Curve with just plain soapy water ensuring that the lining does not become wet. Do not use solvents, alcohol or chemical cleaners as these could weaken the adhesive of the groove lining.
The Curve has been hand polished and so has a fine finish that can be susceptible to marking. Use the polishing cloth that came with the Curve to buff the metal surface back to its mirror polished finish.